Saturday, May 10, 2014

Some Of My Unhealthy Habits

Today is Mothers' Day 2015

(I am adding to an old posting I hope the reason will be clear after you read to the very end)
 
This will be the 3rd Mother's Day without the physical presence of my mom.
this morning a trivial oversight happened
which led me to an impulse...to rectify
 
I opened a drawer...storage drawer actually
there was a picture of my Mom.
 
It had been a full glorious morning with wonderful tributes and gifts with still more to come.
I had not thought of Mom
 
This picture immediately jolted me and reminded me of Mom's sudden showing up last year.
(I blogged about it last year.....have included at the end of this post)
 
 
  
An impulse/prompt has made me take the time to put up a post today.
Smile ....I believe I have covered two oversights.
 
Mom always wanted me to write
I always wanted my writing to have purpose
 
For those of you who do not have your Mother in physical presence anymore
I hope like myself for you there was some
sense of Presence
in whatever form that is.
 
Thanks for the prompt Mom
 
and hello to Dad.
 
 
_________________________________________________
 
Last Years Posting
OMG!!!....In looking at the preview....I just realized last years posting was on May 10th ....it is May 10th today!  (date does not show in drafting area)
anyway please read on to see how Mom and Dad made their appearance last year.
For shorter version scroll down to the OMG...you will see it.
 
 
 
 
 
So what unhealthy habits do I do to try and get out of uncomfortable or painful emotions? 
Brene' refers to this as numbing.
 
Well old habits die hard
yee gads!#....(Louise Hay waving red flag...sigh...again)
Let me reword that
 
I am amazingly resilient
no
well maybe
I'm on the right track just
not that good at staying there 
 
So far I have found trying to be vigilant 
by putting up a roadblock to unwanted thoughts
I have identified

 

will work as long as I stay conscious
But truthfully

My mind will focus on something else and on its own accord
 it loops back before I even realize it!

Photo: tf3dm.com

"Mindfulness requires that we not "over-identify" with thoughts and feelings,
so that we are caught up and swept away by negativity"
                                     Brene' Brown

 I would be back in the pit of negativity
not only thinking about it
but making it my identity.
 
 
So when I do fall into that hole
what unhealthy methods do  I indulge in 
 
 

Any of you identify?
____________________________________________


I have come to realize when I am looking for a geographic move
what I am seeking outwardly
my soul is seeking inwardly

This next one
this I find a real gemstone

Especially when my mind is racing on the hamster wheel

"Making meaning is a fundamental brain addiction with a pesky non-discerning quality to it that makes it tough to know when it is serving you and when it isn't".
                                                           Kevin Fleming PHD 

I find most the time my mind racing and analyzing is definitely not serving me and that is probably one of the biggest understatements I have made on the blog.

Quieting my racing mind and refocusing gives me relief and quite often brings me fresh uplifting insights

Photo http://sharonoday.com/

___________________________________

OMG!!!!

At the end of the post

Just for the heck of it
As I thought it might add to my post
I googled images of Louise Hay waving red flag
what are the chances right?


What A Surprise!!!


My Mother!




Now I am saying "What the Heck?"

Mother's Day came to mind




Given tomorrow is Mother's Day
I accept this gift of her
Hello

Maybe my coffee is too strong but this got my heart beating

and just as I was about to close the google window
my eye was caught by another picture
it was
barely discernible and on the outer edge of the screen
in its gray tones





My Dad
also giving a little wave


(seems wave and waving was the key word that brought up these photos that I had posted earlier)

Coincidence?

All I can say is I could not have orchestrated all of this
and I am surprised the change of path this post took.

I went back and re-googled
just to see if it would bring up the same pictures
(doubting Thomas at work here)
Yep ...same pictures

____________________________________

Next morning
wanted to include the intuition message
that was beside Mom before publishing this post
Regoogled

The pictures had moved!!



Shut The Front Door!!!!
Publishing now.








1 comment:

  1. lol
    loved this post Shirley
    we are forever being reached out to
    love that

    love and light
    hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day! xo

    ReplyDelete